Monday, February 4, 2008

NOW PLAYING: TRASHY HORROR MOVIES!!

Check it out people. Here is my blog spot I'm trying out to chronicle my quest for the trashiest gore films ever committed to celluloid. Why? Because I just got hi speed internet, fool! So sit back and follow my adventures in obscurity in The Trashy Horror Charlie Show!

Perhaps a little about myself: My name is Charlie Counselman, and I am trying to develop my writing hobby. In addition to movies I like to travel, especially in "third world" countries. I like hip hop and electronic music, asian food, I work at a video store, and I collect DVDs. I live a pretty straight and narrow life, I'm an upstanding citizen, I suppose. I am really good with people and I can talk to anyone. 
I was born in Cambridge, Massachusetts on November 7, 1980. Coincidentally, this was the day President Reagan was elected. I was supposed to be born on Halloween, that would have been more appropriate. My mother was a psychologist, and my father was a professor at MIT. They still live in Boston. I have an older sister who lives in Providence, Rhode Island. Nobody else in my family really likes horror movies.
Growing up I rented alot of movies. I came up in the golden age of home video, the 80s and 90s. My folks refused to get cable TV so I rented a lot of stuff, and saw a lot of random movies on network TV. Growing up in the Boston area, I swore by one particular chain of video rental stores called Videosmith. They have since gone out of business, like most independent movie stores. It was there that I would spend substantial periods of time browing the horror, action, and cult films sections. 
These days I live in Greensboro, North Carolina and work at another independent video store. I watch alot of dusty old VHS tapes of films nobody has ever heard of. I only know a handful of people here whose movie knowledge equals mine. Hopefully this internet thing will introduce me to some more people that can expand my horizons in terms of film. 

In the mean time, let's get down to business. Let's go dumpster diving for some cool films.

No comments: