Sunday, April 20, 2008

Gnaw: Food of the Gods Part 2 (1989)



I cannot recommend this film enough to fans of B-horror. There's lots of gore, violence, slapstick humor, and it's like watching a how-to guide of making movies about giant rodents. I thought it was alot better than the first one. Plus it's Canadian, and their horror movies are usually better than the average hollywood low budget programming. The land of the bloody maple leaf previously brought us David Cronenberg films, Pamela Anderson, and My Bloody Valentine, as well as this beauty. If you study the camera angles you can see how trick photography made the rats look enormous. The scene with the giant 5-year old kid was the absolute best though. If you want to see a little more of the film before you get this product just see if you can find the trailer on youtube. I saw the preview for this movie on an old vhs tape of a different movie and I immediately had to watch it!

No comments: